Art supplies make such great gifts! This gift guide for art & craft supplies is full of ideas for you and your children.
Great for birthdays, Christmas or Chanukah, or the start of a new homeschooling year or lesson block.
This list contains affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more). Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Here’s a question I get from homeschooling Moms all the time:
“Which of the Waldorf supplies do I need to buy?”
And here’s my answer:
- Buy modeling beeswax for little hands to mold with during story time.
- Buy good beeswax crayons. I recommend Stockmar, a mix of stick and block crayons.
- Buy a set of good quality colored pencils; Lyra is great.
- Buy good quality watercolor paint like Stockmar.
Other supplies such as paper can be found locally at a craft or art supply store. For paper, I suggest the Strathmore 300 series.
- Watercolor paper (140 pound is good for painting)
- Drawing paper to create your own main lesson books. Or you can buy main lesson books pre-made, or simply use an artist’s sketch book.
Are you looking for instruction in how to bring the Waldorf arts to your children? Do you want to learn crayon drawing, watercolor painting, and chalkboard drawing?
My recommendation is Waldorf Art for Beginners from Waldorfish. You can read my review here: How to Learn Waldorf Art. Waldorfish offers 10% off for my community (automatically reflected on that page)!
And here are a few other gift ideas just for fun!
- Sunprint Kit to make unique handmade pictures with the sun.
- Origami for Beginners to learn the art of paper folding.
- Rainbow Scratch Paper to make fun and beautiful pictures.
Enjoy making things with your art & craft supplies!
Looking for more gift ideas? Check out my Gift Guides & Book Lists for Waldorf Families.